United Consumer Financial Services (UCFS) is an established and successful consumer financing organization. Our direct customers are businesses offering a financing payment option for their consumers to purchase their products and services.
To apply for any of UCFS position, please email the position title, your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customer Service/Call Center Representative
- Outside Sales Representative
- Senior Operational Auditor
- Underwriter- Nights
- Human Resources Generalist
- Associate Attorney – Legal and Compliance
- Marketing Specialist
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE
We are seeking a Customer Service/Call Center Representative to join our team! You will be responsible for helping customers by providing product and service information and resolving technical issues.
- Handle customer inquiries and concerns
- Identify and assist with customer needs
- Effectively multitask while taking customer calls
- Provide information about products and services
- Review account information with customers
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Document and update customer records
- Develop and maintain a knowledge base of the evolving products/services
- Proficiently enter data with speed and accuracy
- Inbound and outbound communication in some departments
- Previous experience in customer service, sales, or other related fields
- 6+ months of customer service/call center experience required
- Ability to build rapport with clients
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Attention to detail
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- English fluency required; Spanish fluency a plus (premium pay)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Pass our pre-employment background check and drug screen
Compensation & Employment Details:
- Day or evening shift (Evenings up to $2/hour shift premium)
- Full or part time
- Some evening and weekend hours (with premium pay)
OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
We are seeking an Outside Sales Representative to join our team! The Outside Sales Representative – New Business is responsible for achieving established sales targets to meet company new business objectives within assigned regions of North America. Executes sales plans and marketing to promote sales growth in assigned product vertical(s). A hunter with the ability to deliver solid business growth while exceeding customer expectations and achieving new business sales goals.
- Present and sell company products & services to new and existing customers
- Prospect and meet with potential customers
- Meet or exceed sales targets
- Build relationships through face-to-face interaction
- Keep customers aware of latest developments
- Network; attend client meetings, and entertain clients/prospective clients
- Create and present activities and results
- Forecasting sales, and work sales plan
- Drive volume and market penetration objectives
- Design, implement sales and business development plans
- Drive and deliver consumer financing programs to business owners
- Develops and utilizes new sales techniques to increase sales volume and revenue
- BA/BS degree required.
- 2+ years’ sales experience with proven sales results preferred. Consumer credit lending experience a plus.
- Previous field sales experience preferred. Territory/client development experience a plus.
Compensation & Employment Details:
- Base pay plus commission
- Full-time position
- Position requires up to 50% travel
SENIOR OPERATIONAL AUDITOR
We are seeking a full-time Senior Operational Auditor to join our team! You will be responsible for improving company operations through auditing risk management and compliance functions. Improve company operation through auditing risk management and compliance functions. Review and assess periodic operational reports for adherence to company and legal requirements. Design and implement new methods for analyzing company data for value-added functions. Work with business units on risk management tasks to improve decision-making throughout company.
- Ensure audit results are of high quality
- Work with business units on risk management tasks to improve decision-making throughout company
- Design/implement new methods for analyzing company data for value-added functions
- Review and assess periodic operational reports for adherence to company and legal requirements
- Read, review, and understanding basic risk reports
- Oversee work of other Compliance Auditors
Process Auditing – Internal Compliance
- Oversee auditing process and report to Compliance Director variances and other issues
- Issue, track and resolve audits Issuing, Tracking, Resolving
- Assist with revising and overseeing Compliance Program (US, AUS, UK)
- Lead Policy and Procedure draft, revision and review initiatives
- Assist Director of Compliance with compliance-based training.
- Conduct research on topics of Truth-in-Lending, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other compliance topics. Organize and manage materials.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2+ years’ experience in an internal auditor position, preferably with process improvement functionality; risk management and either compliance or legal experience highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Consumer Compliance
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – Must have advanced Excel skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Strong commitment to quality and integrity
- Ability to exercise good judgment and ethical value
- Exceptional critical thinking, oral and written communication skills
- Superior writing with high attention to detail
- Ability to tailor message(s) for audience and interact with upper management
- Leadership experience
- Strong technical skills and ability to problem solve mathematical calculations
- High level of enthusiasm and a capacity for overcoming obstacles
UNDERWRITER – NIGHTS
We are seeking an experienced Contract Underwriter for our Night Shift! You will be responsible for making prompt and accurate credit decisions on new contracts to maximize volume and minimize risk, while maintaining superior customer levels.
- Make prompt and accurate credit decisions on certain new contracts
- Apply all steps required for contract verifications
- Ensure all steps required for dispositioning contracts are completed
- Participate in Underwriters’ Loop, meet production standards, and escalate calls as required
- Build and maintain relationships with distributors, retailers, and business owners
- Promptly and effectively resolve distributors’ routine problems and concerns
- Provide superior customer service with an enthusiastic attitude to all customers
- Escalate all credit decisions involving contracts that fall outside of the recommended buying standards
- Comply and conform to UCFS Underwriting Standards
- Successfully resolve customer contract decision appeals and review call backs
- Take dealer / distributor calls regarding credit decision review
- Monitor workflow statistics
- Effectively resolve the majority of problems or concerns regarding credit processing, decision making, or service related issues while retaining distributor’s business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance preferred
- 2+ years’ prior underwriting experience
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills; solid math skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with UCFS’s employees and customers.
- Ability to work quickly in accordance with customers’ time constraints.
- Time management and decision making skills
- Persistent and works with positive attitude
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
The HR Generalist is responsible for providing superior customer service to both our internal and external customers by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of, adhering to and ensuring compliance to HR standards, company policies and procedures, legal requirements, recruiting and hiring, and support of training and development. This role is primarily accountable for recruiting, employee relations, administration of training and development initiatives, in addition to providing backup for payroll and benefit administration.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS – POLICY / PROCEDURE / COMPLIANCE
- Oversee and participate in employee engagement activities and charitable giving events. Champion a cooperative and positive work environment.
- Assist with implementing, administering and enforcing UCFS/Scott Fetzer/Berkshire Hathaway policies and administration of the UCFS Employee Handbook.
- Meet with employees concerning questions and/or concerns within the work environment, performance, policy, protocol, the work environment, etc. Assist in employee/manager/employee coaching to help solving problems and to ensure a positive employee relations culture.
- Conduct and/or participate in employee relations investigations. Offer recommendations to department managers regarding employee issues. Work with HR Director and legal counsel as needed.
- Prepare and participates in (with manager) employee discipline including employee terminations.
- Oversee the organization’s recruiting, interviewing and hiring process in partnership with Department Managers. Create reports to analyze retention, turnover, etc.
- Manage and continually improve the organization’s onboarding program.
- Conduct introductory period surveys to ensure a smooth training/orientation process and exit interviews for quality assurance purposes.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
- Oversee employee training, development and administration of programs to include required compliance, management, development and soft-skills training. Administer LMS and training acknowledgements through ADP to ensure timely and accurate completion of training. Ensure streamlined and consistent training across departments and throughout the organization.
- Partner with HR Director and Department Managers on training strategies and materials for their respective departments. Coordinate cross-functionally as needed.
- Support creation of customized materials for internal programs and systems; facilitate and/or schedule facilitation of training classes.
- Facilitate and/or assist with facilitation of training workshops. Identify and schedule meetings to discuss leadership books/workbooks and training programs.
- Oversee the 90-day review program to ensure acclimation and quality training of new hires. Integrate with the onboarding process.
- Coach managers in training and development efforts to include IDPs and PIPs.
- Strategize with management team to determine training needs for their respective departments. Develop, deliver and/or oversee delivery of training and training programs. Coordinate training with department trainers.
- Cultivate employee engagement through onboarding plans that immerse Employees and Leadership into the UCFS culture.
- Conduct employee surveys to assess training and development needs.
BACKUP TO PAYROLL/BENEFITS
- Backup payroll processor for payroll for US, UK or AU.
- Backup for Benefits Administration. Assist employees with questions throughout the year as needed.
- BA in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development or similar field required. Master’s Degree a plus.
- Certifications to include PHR, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-CP, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Human Resources capacity.
- Solid knowledge of Human Resources concepts, processes, procedures and legal regulations.
ASSOCIATE ATTORNEY – LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE
Focus for this position is the development and support of best practices for corporate and institutional financial regulations compliance within all jurisdictions in which the company does business—currently: Federal, all states, D.C., Puerto Rico, UK, Australia, and New Zealand. Position responsibilities will involve achieving and growing an acute awareness and understanding of regulation relating to consumer financing, first-party creditor collections, credit reporting, business-to-business transactions and financing, consumer privacy protections, and cybersecurity and information security regulation. The individual will have a client service focus, including the ability to find balanced solutions supporting business objectives while mitigating risks and anticipating client needs based on an understanding of business and regulatory environments. Individual will provide guidance based on legal research and policy/procedures understanding; recommend solutions to business units and enterprise; and communicate and collaborate with legal, compliance and business professionals at all levels within and outside the organization. This includes the Company’s North American and International markets.
Marketing Intern to join our team! You will be responsible for gathering and analyzing key market information, as well as identifying areas of improvement to increase company revenue and brand.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Director—Legal and Compliance with updating and maintaining UCFS’s Compliance Program to assure compliance with Federal laws and regulations, e.g. ECOA, TIL, FTC Safeguards Rule, FTC Red Flags and Address discrepancy Rules, FTC Cooling Off Trade Rule, FTC Credit Practices Rule, FCRA, FACTA, TCPA, EFTA, FDCPA (best practices), etc. and applicable state laws and regulations governing consumer credit and protection and the equivalent for foreign markets.
- Conduct legal research and provide initial guidance on federal and state laws governing consumer financing and sales finance company operations.
- Draft and edit business and consumer contracts; update same on annual basis to ensure effectiveness.
- Work as directed with Scott Fetzer legal and/or outside counsel regarding federal, state & foreign laws, regulatory actions, litigation, employment matters, business contracts, etc. May serve as key point of contact for UCFS on select litigation matters.
- Manage regulatory filing needs including: license applications, annual reports, license renewals and notifications, examinations and inquiries (CFPB & state), and complaints (AG, Dept. of Financial institutions, BBB, Media, etc.) and responses. Escalate complaints to Director—Legal and Compliance, work with same to resolve complex regulatory and complaint matters. Circulate monthly Complaint Registry.
- Conduct regulatory and legal compliance reviews on all policies, procedures, systems and processes of operating departments, sales and marketing programs and financial products, credit agreements, applications and consumer forms, and evaluate computer systems controls for compliance. Reporting findings to Director—Legal and Compliance, assist same with updating all policies and procedures to reflect identified changes.
- Edit and create compliance training as needed to ensure enterprise compliance.
- Serve as member of Company’s Fair Lending Committee, review compliance reports to confirm alignment with Company’s Fair Lending Plan, report Fair Lending issues, maintaining minutes and records of meetings.
- Conduct and/or assist with Compliance Audits which may include training and managing staff, performing compliance risk assessments, conducting regular audits and working with operating department management to remediate deficiencies. Modify by enhancing processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee and monitor Federal and state laws and regulations for changes and new requirements; revise forms, policies, procedures, systems and processes as needed, and maintain computer systems consumer loan rules (Early payoff methodology, Late fees, other).
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external collaborative relationships.
- Serve as an advisor to, and collaborate with management as regulatory matters arise with focus on obtaining business objectives. Review and provide legal updates and/or revisions to regulatory policies and processes.
- Keep informed of relevant legislation and rulemaking around financial institutions, indirect consumer lenders and debt collectors.
- Undertake other special projects as assigned.
- Juris Doctorate required.
- 2+ years’ commercial/business legal experience or in a legal compliance position required.
- In-house or law firm experience advising internal and/or external clients on consumer finance matters a plus.
UCFS’ growing sales team needs a support team member to handle customer communications, meeting planning, contract processing, administrative activities, content creation and proofing, research and data analysis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage contacts in the company’s CRM system; upload/enter contacts, enter new prospects into the CRM, maintain system.
- Write content, proofread and ensure high quality marketing materials for emails, letters, presentations, brochures, flyers, etc.
- Learn the email service program (SendGrid or other). Create emails, extract contacts from UCFS business systems (AS/400 and CRM), upload contacts, test and handle sends.
- Compile, aggregate and analyze statistics: website SEO stats, email sends, customer usage reporting.
- Handle customer communications direct or email messaging, (mail merges) print documents such as welcome letters and labels for mailings, brochures, for assembly in folders for customer and prospective customer meetings, trade shows, salespeople travels.
- Research and fulfill promotional products, customer or employee gifts/awards.
- Coordinate trade show events.
- Support new customer onboarding process creating training material, consumer brochures, phone calls.
- Other work products as needed, could include writing and managing surveys, documenting system change announcements, social media posts, coordinating meetings and events, media activities, customer/market research.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, fast-paced, sometimes stressful and noisy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Uses positivity and persuasion, and can effectively present to individuals and groups. Can explain detailed information to be used for analysis and decision making.
- Strong attention to detail. Use original thinking, creativity and resourcefulness. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention. Uses feedback for continuous improvement.
- Ability to collect and research relevant marketing trends and information.
- Ability to use or learn Excel principals and formulas to extract, aggregate and analyze data.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers
- Ability to apply basic graphic design principals and skills.
- Ability to understand and follow UCFS’ policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Proficiency with standard office equipment, computer, and computer programs, including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint. Basic skills in graphic design programs and web programs are helpful.
- College graduate from a four-year college/university in communications, marketing or related field.
To apply for any of UCFS’s positions, please email the position title, your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.