Responsible for providing the highest level of customer service by maintaining company standards and utilizing proper guidelines in the processing of consumer retail installment contracts. This position has the capacity to handle and resolve challenges with a basic level of complexity while using a high level of customer care.
LEVEL I & HIGHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process Loan Documents – Identify and monitor pending loan documents and execute steps that need to be taken for funding. This includes but is not be limited to: Looking at appropriate documents and their dispositions and determining next steps, additional items or actions needed, and updating stakeholders.
- Process newly submitted applications requiring a manual credit decision. This includes answering phone calls and monitoring applications pending further review through the UCFS Portal, communicate stipulations, relay credit decisions on behalf of Underwriter.
- Effectively resolve application Red Flags as needed.
- Communicate any appeal requests to an Underwriter and then effectively relay the decision.
- Promptly and accurately answer routine questions from assigned distributors within UCFS guidelines so as to maintain current business and attract new business. (4 rep)
- Resolve routine situations, concerns and problems. May require escalation to an appropriate Subject Matter Expert with a recommendation for resolution and relay responses as needed. (5 rep)
- Demonstrate ability and desire to build and maintain strong distributor and internal and external customer relationships. (6 rep)
- Verify Loan Terms and customer information.
- Provide superior customer service with a helpful, positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Be familiar with DNCR report and UCFS portal to monitor application status and communicate basic payable information as needed.
- Responsible for achieving learning and development milestones as part of training process.
- More than one person may be assigned to the following tasks:
- Keep problem queue below designated threshold for assigned distributors.
- Work to meet accepted contract volume.
- Perform additional assignments as required to assist in achieving Team and Company goals.
LEVEL II & HIGHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively deliver results; responsible for achieving outcomes at loan processing level; focus on continuous development.
- Communicate DNCR contents (contracts called in, paid on, etc.)
- Apply customer payments from distributor.
- Promptly and effectively resolve assigned customers’ routine problems and concerns within UCFS guidelines so as to maintain current business and attract new business.
- Coordinate and initiate UCFS day-to-day communications with assigned customers.
- Promote UCFS business in accordance with UCFS marketing programs.
- Complete most tasks with little direction.
LEVEL III RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare override recommendations prior to submission for purchase and ensure required steps have been completed before submission to the Supervisor.
- Ability to clearly transfer knowledge to others in area(s) of expertise.
- Clearly articulate ideas, contract terms, and information to internal and external customers.
- May be called upon as needed to assist with some basic Underwriting Decisions.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, fast-paced, sometimes stressful and noisy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the phone and in person up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to work effectively with UCFS employees and customers.
- Ability to work quickly in accordance with customers’ time constraints.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to attend to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow UCFS policies, procedures and guidelines
- Proficiency with a computer, standard office equipment and computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word), Online Origination Systems, automated fraud control Systems and AS/400.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or working toward degree a plus.
For certain positions, foreign language fluency may be required.
This position operates in a professional office environment at UCFS offices in Westlake, Ohio.
This is typically a full-time position, which is defined as being scheduled to work 40 hours or more per week. UCFS is open for operation 7 days a week, In some cases Loan Processers may be called upon to work overtime, daytime, and weekend hours or permanently change their schedules as job duties demand.
This job description in no way constitutes a contract of employment and is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee in this position. Duties, responsibilities, qualifications and activities may change at any time with or without advance notice.