The Account Services Representative is responsible for processing calls for customers with up-to-date, delinquent, closed or charged-off accounts while maintaining positive relationships with distributors and customers.
- Adequately process inbound/outbound calls on up-to-date, delinquent, closed or charged-off accounts.
- Recognize specific scenarios that require specific collection questions answered in compliance with the FTCPA and FDCPA.
- Properly request all UCFS collection letters (including Attorney letters).
- Effectively use all options available on the Collection and Inquiries system menus.
- Identify customer disputes and appropriately code disputes for the problem resolution queue.
- Utilize the Internet for skip tracing purposes.
- Sufficiently keep post-call processing to a minimum and follow all guidelines pertaining to after call work.
- Maintain all collection objectives (based on hourly goals).
- Negotiate with customers payment arrangements on accounts that become delinquent on the first payment.
- Schedule one time or recurring EFT bank payments for customer.
- Schedule one time or recurring credit/debit card payments for customer.
- Properly process specific customer requests through the flag for review reports.
- Appropriately request all necessary documents to maintain account and follow consumer’s request.
- Perform additional assignments as required to assist in achieving Team and Company goals.
- Cross trained to assist in other departments.
- Go-to person for new employees during on-the-job training.
- Ability to negotiate payment plans with customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts as they relate to settlements on accounts.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, fast-paced, sometimes stressful and noisy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the phone and in person for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to work effectively with UCFS employees and customers.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to attend to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow UCFS policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Proficiency with a computer, standard office equipment and computer programs, including but not limited to Outlook, Internet/search engine savvy.
- Dollars collected per hour
- Acceptable logged system and wrap time
- Calls per hours and monitoring
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One year collection and/or call center experience
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
This position operates in a professional office environment at UCFS offices in Westlake, Ohio.
This is typically a full-time position, which is defined as being scheduled to work up to 40 hours or more per week. UCFS is open for operation 7 days a week, and most holidays. Representatives work Monday through Friday on the day or early evening shift, and may be called upon to work overtime, night-time and weekend hours (two weekends required each month) or permanently change their schedules as job duties demand.
This job description in no way constitutes a contract of employment and is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee in this position. Duties, responsibilities, qualifications and activities may change at any time with or without advance notice.