The Account Services Representative is responsible for processing calls for customers with up-to-date, delinquent, closed or charged-off accounts while maintaining positive relationships with distributors and customers.
- Adequately process inbound/outbound calls on up-to-date, delinquent, closed, or charged-off accounts.
- Recognize specific scenarios that require specific collection questions answered in compliance with the FTCPA and the FDCPA.
- Properly request all UCFS collection letters (including Attorney letters).
- Process end-of-month repurchases
- Effectively use all options available on the Collection and Inquiries system menus.
- Identify customer disputes and appropriately code disputes for the problem resolution queue.
- Utilize the Internet for skip tracing purposes.
- Negotiate with customers payment arrangements on accounts that become delinquent on the first payment.
- Schedule one time or recurring EFT bank payments for customer.
- Schedule one time or recurring credit/debit card payments for customer.
- Properly process specific customer requests through the flag for review reports.
- Appropriately request microfilm.
- Perform additional assignments as required to assist in achieving Team and Company goals.
Additional Responsibilities for Representative II Position:
- Cross trained to assist other departments
- Go-to person for new employees during on-the-job training.
- Ability to negotiate payment plans with customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts as they relate to settlements on accounts.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, fast-paced, sometimes stressful and noisy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communication effectively on the phone and in person for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to work effectively with UCFS employees and customers.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to attend to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow UCFS policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Proficiency with a computer, standard office equipment and computer programs, including but not limited to Outlook, Internet/search engine savvy
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One year collection and/or call center experience
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections experience
This position operates in a professional office environment at UCFS offices in Westlake, OH.
This is typically a full-time position, which is defined as being scheduled to work up to 40 hours or more per week. UCFS is open for operation 7 days a week and most holidays. Representatives work Monday through Friday on the day or early evening shift, and may be called upon to work overtime, night-time and weekend hours (two weekends required each month) or permanently change their schedules as job duties demand.
For over 35 years, United Consumer Financial Service (UCFS) has offered financing solutions to thousands of business partners and has helped 4 million consumers finance over $6 billion in purchases. UCFS provides a multitude of financing services to distributors, merchants and professional service organizations, as well as consumers throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, Australia and the United Kingdom.