The Account Services Representative/Collections is responsible for processing calls for customers with up-to-date, delinquent, closed or charged-off accounts while maintaining positive relationships with distributors and customers.
- Adequately process inbound/outbound calls on up-to-date, delinquent, closed or charged-off accounts.
- Recognize specific scenarios that require specific collection questions answered in compliance with the FTCPA and FDCPA.
- Properly request all UCFS collection letters (including Attorney letters).
- Effectively use all options available on the Collection and Inquiries system menus.
- Identify customer disputes and appropriately code disputes for the problem resolution queue.
- Utilize the Internet for skip tracing purposes.
- Sufficiently keep post-call processing to a minimum and follow all guidelines pertaining to after call work.
- Maintain all collection objectives (based on hourly goals).
- Negotiate with customers payment arrangements on accounts that become delinquent on the first payment.
- Schedule one time or recurring EFT bank payments for customer.
- Schedule one time or recurring credit/debit card payments for customer.
- Properly process specific customer requests through the flag for review reports.
- Appropriately request all necessary documents to maintain account and follow consumer’s request.
- Perform additional assignments as required to assist in achieving Team and Company goals.
- Ability to negotiate payment plans with customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts as they relate to settlements on accounts.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations.
- Proficiency with a computer, standard office equipment and computer programs, including but not limited to Outlook, Internet/search engine savvy.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS *
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year collection and/or call center experience.
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Training
- Vision insurance
- Casual dress
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Ability to commute to Westlake, OH 44145: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you have knowledge of billing and collection procedures?
- Are you available to work Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm or 2pm to 10pm?
- Could you work 1 weekend day per month?
- Please indicate your desired pay range.
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Experience: collection/call center: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location