The Business Development Coordinator assists the sales team with growing their assigned territory/market. Supports the outside sales teams by processing paperwork and information to onboard and train clients on UCFS systems and processes. Also, responsible for establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with clients and ensuring effective communication by self and others with the merchant.
- Communicates with incoming web leads to understand merchant’s needs and identifies sales opportunities
- Routes qualified opportunities to the Outside Sales Representative for further development and closure
- Works closely with the outside sales team to increase sales and customer satisfaction
- Ensures effective communications skills are used in driving sales plan objectives
- Updates CRM sales pipeline daily
ONBOARDING & TRAINING
- Point person in the client onboarding process
- Manages an efficient client onboarding process from start to finish
- Provides training, onsite and/or via phone or webinar, as needed for merchants and their teams
- Identify user training opportunities by monitoring merchant activity after onboarding is completed
- Coordinates with Outside Sales Reps working with the same merchant to ensure consistent service
- Effectively communicates with business owners to establish strong business relationships
- Maintains relationships with consistent follow up to ensure all details are well managed
- Resolves routine/moderate/complex situations; escalates as necessary
- Contributes to the department goal of accepted contract volume
- May play a role in assisting with effective marketing efforts for current and new business
- Services multiple merchants concurrently, while having to meet deadlines
- Collaborates with various internal departments to ensure that they fulfill all merchant requests
- Results-oriented with proven results through self and others.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to keep processes moving forward.
- Ability to see contribution of department from an organizational perspective.
- Communicates effectively (verbally and in writing) to a wide range of internal and external customers/clients/management.
- Knowledge of current and potential market trends and understanding the scope and impact those trends have on underwriting business.
- Ability to recognize opportunities and take action to enhance the process flow to increase efficiency.
- Strong customer service ability and superior organizational skills.
- Ability to solve difficult problems. Ability to execute.
- Attention to detail. Thorough with a strong ability to see projects through to completion.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as payables on percentage for accuracy and explanations; ability to apply concepts of algebra.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficiency with a computer, standard office equipment, smart phone, and computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Internet/search engine savvy.
- BA/BS degree highly preferred but not required.
- 2+ years account management experience required.
- Consumer credit lending experience a plus.
- Client Relationship Management (CRM) experience a plus (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, HubSpot, etc.).
- This position operates in a professional office environment at UCFS offices in Westlake, Ohio.
- This is a full-time position; approximately 40+ hours per week.