PAYROLL - Primary
- Responsible for accurate and timely bi-weekly payroll processing and employee time and attendance reporting. Prepares and calculates bi-weekly payroll premium and bonus payments. Prepares and submit bi-weekly Payroll funding requests.
- Responsible for accurate and timely payroll processing of international entities including AU, IT and UK.
- Enter and report on personnel information into ADP Payroll and E-Time systems. Responsible for the completion of several monthly payroll reports.
- Monitor employee overtime by ensuring proper completion of overtime approval forms.
- Review filings of quarterly and annual State, Federal, Local, School District, SUTA, FUTA, and W-2 tax returns.
- Administration of FMLA policies and procedures. Review the weekly punch reports and record absences, this includes occurrences and FMLA-related absences.
- Prepare annual Record of Wages for corporate.
- Prepare garnishment reports and payments.
- Monitor and track the employee vacation and sick records for hourly and salaried employees.
BENEFITS - Primary
- Assist with planning and administering annual open enrollment processes to include notifications, documentation and follow-up. Assist employees with questions throughout the year.
- Responsible for accurate and timely administration of Employee Benefit Plans, healthcare reporting and COBRA administration.
- Assist with completion of annual and semi-annual reporting requirements (EEO, insurance forecasting, accrued and used vacation, etc.)
- Assist with FMLA administration.
POLICY / PROCEDURE / COMPLIANCE
- Assist with drafting, implementing, administering and enforcing company policies. Assist with administration of the UCFS Employee Handbook policies.
- Participate in conducting employee investigations. Offer recommendations to department managers regarding employee issues. Work with HR Manager and legal counsel when needed.
- Prepare and/or participates in (with manager) employee discipline including employee terminations.
- May assist with recruiting, interviewing and hiring process in partnership with Department Managers.
- May conduct introductory period surveys to ensure a smooth training/orientation process and exit interviews for quality assurance purposes.
- May support department with Employee Training development and administration to include required compliance, management, development and soft-skills training.
- Oversee and/or participate in charitable contribution events, community events and participate in committees. Oversees annual United Way Campaign.
- Assist with ensuring all new hire paperwork is completed, review payroll procedures and UCFS policies.
- Other required duties and projects.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to support and maintain confidential relationships, processes and information.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the phone and in person.
- Ability to recognize and streamline outdated or inefficient processes.
- Ability to work quickly in accordance with organizational time constraints.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to understand and follow UCFS policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to promote a positive, forward-thinking work environment for current and prospective employees.
- Proficiency with a computer, standard office equipment and computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Internet/search engine savvy.
- BA in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development or similar field.
- Certifications to include PHR, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-CP, etc. a plus.
- 2+ years’ experience in a Payroll capacity.
- Solid knowledge of Human Resources concepts, processes, procedures and legal regulations.
This position operates in a professional office environment at UCFS offices in Westlake, Ohio. May work hybrid schedule of in office and remote.