The Instant Credit/Verification Specialist is responsible for making outbound and taking inbound calls to verify the accuracy of the data collected for loan application documents; enters data in computer system in a timely and accurate manner to assist with preparing the documents for further/final review and processing. A high level of customer service is maintained at all times.
VERIFICATION REP I & HIGHER
- Welcome customers to UCFS, setting the stage for a positive customer relationship.
- Confirm that the customer understands the contract they’ve signed.
- Determine the customer has received all merchandise purchased and are satisfied.
- Listen and vet potential fraudulent situations – becoming an expert in fraud detection.
- Make outbound and takes inbound calls to confirm contractual obligations and make necessary corrections with consumers and updating dispositions. (PCV, PCVI, PCVS, PCVW, PCV2, Team 85, Pets & Split 70).
- Make outbound calls to institutions and creditors to verify employment, pay history, rental history, banking information, etc. to assist in the processing of loan applications.
- Provide customer service excellence processing inbound and outbound calls.
- Ensure terms and customer information meets all compliance requirements.
- View and update documents in OnBase notating corrections were verified.
- Corresponds via telephone or digital fax to outside parties for direct ratings.
- Processes requests for information via The Work Number and various websites.
- Cross-trained to work in other areas of department as needed when required due to high volumes.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
VERIFICATION REP II & HIGHER
- Trained and proficient taking on Instant Credit calls.
- Starts and stops Castel projects.Train to index all inbound documents located in both the document
- coordinator and high priority coordinator tiles in OnBase.
- Train to process Instant Credit referrals and check contracts located in the RIC tile for compliance and accuracy in OnBase.
VERIFICATION REP III RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all “call backs” are called on time and “call back” folder is up to date.
- Monitor Split 70 call volume and communicate with lead/supervisor as needed to ensure adequate staffing levels. Make adjustments in response to split call volume as necessary.
- Ability to follow and complete verification instructions for all business verticals (PCVTS-Special Instructions).
- Ability to resolve all types of Red Flags through all fraud detection tools.
- Assist Instant Credit on taking inbound calls when 92 split is busy.
- Ensure adequate balance in all splits are consistent with KPIs – hold times and talk times.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, fast-paced, sometimes stressful and noisy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the phone and in person up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to work effectively with UCFS employees and customers.
- Ability to work quickly in accordance with customers’ time constraints.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to attend to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to understand and follow UCFS policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Proficiency with a computer, standard office equipment and computer programs, including but not limited to Outlook, Internet/search engines, online programs. MS Office a plus.
- Ability to learn new systems and pick up on internal processes.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Superior customer service skills and desire to help our customers.
- Call center experience a plus but not required.
- DATA ENTRY Rep I –4000 - 5000 kph
- Maintain alphanumeric data entry accuracy rate of 95% or above.
- For certain positions, Spanish language fluency may be required.
This position operates in a professional office environment at UCFS offices in Westlake, Ohio.
This is typically a full-time position, which is defined as being scheduled to work up to 40 hours or more per week. UCFS is open for operation 7 days a week. May be called upon to work overtime, night-time and weekend hours (weekends may be part of regular schedule and/or rotating schedule) as job duties demand.
- The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to talk and hear over the telephone using a headset
- Ability to use hands to type, sort, file paperwork, and dial and/or answer telephone calls
- Vision ability to see and read computer screen at close distance
- Ability to sit in close proximity to others
- No travel required for the position.