Junior Staff Accountant
Provide timely and accurate financial information and systems of internal control.
- Accurate and timely preparation of internal and external financial statements for UCFS Europe, UCFS Australia and United Direct Finance Inc. (UDFI) in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Develop, maintain and prepare reports that compare budget costs to actual costs for financial planning purposes, including the Annual Operating Plan, Mid-Year Forecasts and reporting of actual results versus the plans.
- Oversee the timely and accurate completion of the following General Accounting tasks:
- Cash balancing
- General ledger posting and maintenance
- Customer account maintenance
- Daily reporting of Distributor Payables and Accounts Payable
- Coordination of merchant incentive program
- Record retention and back-up withholding/1099 reporting
- Bank reconciliations and reconciliations of general ledger account detail (i.e., subsidiary ledgers, files and schedules) to general ledger control accounts
- Provide required financial information for state sales finance company licensing renewals and annual reports
- Oversight of the resources under your control:
- Selection, training and development of excellent people
- Productivity of the work group
- Automate accounting processes to drive efficiency, improve timeliness of financial reporting and provide management with timely, relevant business information. Ability to critically review and determine which accounting processes are candidates for automation and where software enhancements can reduce or eliminate manual processes.
Maintaining strong systems and internal controls at UCFS that:
- Safeguard the assets of the Company
- Warn of potential losses due to theft or mistakes
- Report reliably on product costs and margins, and
- Provide information to control costs and cash flow
- Support VP of Finance and Controller by communicating problems/issues so they are informed and appropriate resources and corrective actions may be taken to resolve problems/issues.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, fast-paced, sometimes stressful and noisy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the phone and in person up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to work effectively with UCFS employees and customers.
- Ability to work quickly in accordance with customers’ time constraints.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to attend to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow UCFS policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficiency with a computer, standard office equipment and computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word) and AS/400. Must have advanced Excel skills.
- BS in Accounting; CPA a plus but not required.
- 2+ years of Accounting experience a plus but not required.
Date posted: April 26, 2021
865 Bassett Road, Westlake, OH, 44145, USA
August 1, 2021