The Loan Support Specialist is responsible for making sound lending decisions based on information provided through credit applications and consumer information and communicating with internal and external customers. This position has the capacity and willingness to handle and resolve challenges with a high level of complexity and customer care.
- 4 weekdays 2 pm - 10 pm & Saturdays, 2 pm - 10 pm
- Makes accurate lending decisions on simple credit applications consistent with UCFS\' Credit Policies, Rules and Procedures.
- Reviews credit report and interpret information for sound lending decisions.
- Recognizes and resolves challenges early in the process to ensure that applicants are receiving a great customer service experience.
- Provides support to Loan Support Admin. as needed for problem queue remediation.
- Communicates the manual decisions of all credit applications to appropriate parties.
- Performs other duties as directed by leadership.
- Ability to understand, analyze and assess risk factors on risk management reports.
- Ability to multi-task; detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work autonomously and have a high degree of self-motivation working in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with UCFS’ employees and customers.
- Proficiency with a computer, standard office equipment and computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word), Online Origination Systems, automated fraud control Systems and AS/400.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior customer service experience required.
- Lending experience a plus
**This position will require working the evening shift and weekends.