The Business Development Coordinator supports the outside sales teams by processing paperwork and information to onboard and train clients on UCFS systems and processes. Responsible for developing, maintaining and growing a database of prospective customers within assigned territory/market. Also responsible for establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with clients and ensuring effective communication by self and others with the merchant.
- Communicates with merchants, makes outbound calls to potential merchants, and follows up on leads
- Understands merchants’ needs and identifies sales opportunities
- Works closely with the outside sales team to increase sales and customer satisfaction
- Ensures effective communications are used in driving sales plan objectives
- Routes qualified opportunities to the Outside Sales Representative for further development and closure
- Updates CRM opportunities and sales funnel daily
ONBOARDING & TRAINING
- Point person in the client onboarding process
- Manages an efficient client onboarding process from start to finish
- Provides training, onsite and/or via phone or webinar, as needed to merchants and their teams
- Identify user training opportunities by monitoring merchant activity after onboarding is completed
- Coordinates with Outside Sales Reps working with the same merchant to ensure consistent service
- Effectively communicates with business owners to establish strong business relationships
- Maintains relationships with consistent follow up to ensure all details are well managed
- Resolves routine/moderate/complex situations; escalates as necessary
- Contributes to the department goal of accepted contract volume
- May play a role in assisting with effective marketing efforts for current and new business
- Services multiple merchants concurrently, while having to meet deadlines
- Collaborates with various internal departments to ensure that they fulfill all merchant requests.
- Results-oriented with proven results through self and others.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to keep processes moving forward.
- Ability to see contribution of department from an organizational perspective.
- Communicates effectively (verbally and in writing) to a wide range of internal and external customers/clients/management.
- Knowledge of current and potential market trends and understand the scope and impact those trends have on underwriting business.
- Ability to recognize opportunities and take action to enhance the process flow to increase efficiency.
- Strong customer service ability and superior organizational skills.
- Ability to solve difficult problems. Ability to execute.
- Attention to detail. Thorough with a strong ability to see projects through to completion.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as payables on percentage for accuracy and explanations; ability to apply concepts of algebra.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficiency with a computer, standard office equipment, smart phone, and computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Internet/search engine savvy.
- BA/BS degree highly preferred.
- 2+ years account management experience required.
- Consumer credit lending experience a plus.
- Client Relationship Management (CRM) experience a plus (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, HubSpot, etc.).
This position operates in a professional office environment at UCFS offices in Westlake, Ohio.
This is a full-time position; approximately 40+ hours per week.
This job description in no way constitutes a contract of employment and is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee in this position. Duties, responsibilities, qualifications and activities may change at any time with or without advance notice.