The Human Resource Generalist - Payroll/Training is responsible for providing superior customer service to both our internal and external customers by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of, adhering to and ensuring compliance to company policies and procedures, benefits, legal requirements, recruiting and hiring, and communicating effectively with all levels of our organization.
PAYROLL - Primary
- Responsible for accurate and timely bi-weekly payroll processing and employee time and attendance reporting. Prepares and calculates bi-weekly payroll premium and bonus payments. Prepares and submit bi-weekly Payroll, Federal and State funding requests. May process payroll for U.S., UK or AU.
- Enter and report on personnel information into ADP Payroll and E-Time systems. Responsible for the completion of several monthly payroll reports.
- Monitor employee overtime by ensuring proper completion of overtime approval forms.
- Prepare, reconcile and file monthly, quarterly and annual State, Federal, Local, School District, SUTA, FUTA, W-2 tax returns.
- Administration of FMLA policies and procedures. Review the weekly punch reports and record absences, this includes occurrences and FMLA-related absences.
- Prepare annual Record of Wages for corporate.
- Prepare garnishment reports and payments.
- Monitor and track the employee vacation and sick records for hourly and salaried employees.
- Prepare vacation accruals for terminated employees.
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT - Primary
- Assist with the oversight and scheduling of employee training, development and administration of program. Administer LMS and training acknowledgements to ensure timely and accurate completion of training.
- Support creation of customized materials for internal programs and systems; facilitate and/or schedule facilitation of training classes.
- Assist with facilitation of training workshops. Identify and schedule meetings to discuss leadership books/workbooks and training programs.
- Oversee the 90-day review program to ensure acclimation and quality training of new hires. Integrate with the onboarding process.
- Conduct employee surveys to assess training and development needs.
POLICY / PROCEDURE / COMPLIANCE
- Assist with drafting, implementing, administering and enforcing company policies. Assist with administration of the UCFS Employee Handbook policies.
- Participate in conducting employee investigations. Offer recommendations to department managers regarding employee issues. Work with HR Director and legal counsel when needed.
- Prepare and/or participates in (with manager) employee discipline including employee terminations.
- May assist with recruiting, interviewing and hiring process in partnership with Department Managers.
- May conduct introductory period surveys to ensure a smooth training/orientation process and exit interviews for quality assurance purposes.
- May participate in charitable contribution events, community events and participate in committees. Oversees annual United Way Campaign.
- Assist with ensuring all new hire paperwork is completed and review payroll procedures, UCFS policies and handbook with all new hires; organize and prepare for new hire luncheon.
- Other required duties and projects.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy, fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to support and maintain confidential relationships, processes and information.
- Ability to communicate effectively on the phone and in person.
- Ability to promote a positive, forward-thinking work environment for current and prospective employees.
- Proficiency with a computer, standard office equipment and computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Internet/search engine savvy.
- 3+ years of experience in a payroll capacity
- Solid knowledge of Human Resources concepts, processes, procedures and legal regulations.
- This position operates in a professional office environment at UCFS offices in Westlake, Ohio. May work hybrid schedule of in office and remote.